Skip to main content

His Muse





How do you start over when you’re almost halfway through your life? In Twyla Turner’s His Muse, we meet Taryn Reid. She’s forty-four, divorced, and ready to start her new business in Nice, France. Sounds pretty risky to her daughter Kari, her ex-husband and his new wife, but Taryn is determined to make the change. She meets new friends in Nice, and is introduced to talented artist Etienne Lemaire. He’s twenty-nine, undeniably handsome, and already has an eye for Taryn. She denies his advances, but can’t stop her attraction to him. She finally agrees to a date with Etienne, but is it the biggest mistake of her life? Her daughter thinks Taryn’s “robbing the cradle,” but can she help it that Etienne speaks to her soul? Is age just a number in this case? He sees her for who she really is, and tells her himself, “I want to help you bloom.” His words touch Taryn's heart but will it keep them together?

This book left me speechless. I wish I could describe what I felt after reading His Muse. All I can say is Turner truly has delivered a beautiful story from beginning to end. It’s not your typical older woman has a fling with a younger man story. This book goes so much deeper. You will laugh. You might cry. In the end, I can guarantee you’ll be cheering for Etienne and Taryn to reach the finish line. Selfless love is the theme in this book and it’s beautifully orchestrated by Twyla Turner. I would recommend it to mature audiences only, due to adult content and language. It’s truly an emotional read. I’m completely stunned and still speechless.


5 Stars!!!!!
Reviewed for Readers' Favorite
https://readersfavorite.com/book-review/his-muse 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arranged by Trisha Grace

  Arranged : A Clean Billionaire Romance by Trisha Grace From the first chapter, this story engrossed me. I love Hayley and her spirit. She realizes her "dream" husband is just a dream, but due to unforeseen circumstances, she must press into her faith to take care of a man that doesn't want her around. Julian doesn't see Hayley as his wife, but her kindness towards him has him questioning her intentions. I love Trisha's depiction of both faith and love in this story. Hayley and Julian are both relatable, but Hayley is definitely my favorite in this story. I love her strength, her faith in God, and how she depends on Him to help with her rocky marriage. I look forward to reading more by Trisha Grace. Beautiful story, with even more twists and turns to keep us readers guessing.

Beta Reading; What's been working for me

If you've been looking for beta readers I do recommend www.critiquematch.com , www.cpmatchmaking.wordpress.com , and the latest www.betareader.io . With Critique Match and Betareader.io, you will have to upload your manuscript, whether its pages or the full document. I do advise reviewing the tutorials, and anything else can be asked in the help desks. I will say what's been working for me, is offering to be a beta reader. Of course, I don't offer in the hopes of "what can you do for me?" If a story sparks my interest and I have the time, I don't mind helping a fellow author in my genre. I know I can't read everyone's work, but I aim to sharpen my skills when it comes to plot development, character arcs, narratives, etc. Doing this, however, I have found authors are more open to reading my work since I took the time to read theirs. Again, I'm happy to help because I love reading and writing, but this has definitely been an asset to my works in pr

Writer Tip: Are you showing or telling?

We've all heard as writers "show and don't tell," while others have heard "show and tell." Which one do you choose? I have found it's best to find a balance. If your details are not moving the story, then of course tell your readers, "Mya went to work." On the other hand, if she gets into an accident on the way or she meets her hero (love interest) because he's her new boss, then show it. Ex: "Mya gripped the steering wheel. Her radio clashed with traffic noises outside, but she sung along to the tunes anyway. She could use another cup of coffee, but stopping on the way--out of the question. Five will be here soon and I can go home. If only she could keep her eyes from drooping, but her boss's thick eyebrows would raise if she trotted inside the office late. Then the purr of her motor came to an end as she cut the engine, finally parking in her spot. Then she saw... Greg? " This is a rough version, but get you the point,