Skip to main content

Rescuing Lara



Rescuing Lara by Lyn Horner tells the story of Lara Spenser. Currently Lara is in a wheelchair, hiding out in Ireland. She has something that a group called the “Hellhounds” wants desperately, but Lara is determined to keep her word to her deceased uncle. To protect herself, she hires a bodyguard after placing an ad. What she didn’t plan on was the handsome and virile Connor O’Shea. Connor is more than capable of taking care of Lara, even willing to risk his life since he’s a former soldier. However, there is an immediate attraction between the unlikely pair. Lara is closed off at first, wondering how can Connor look past her scars and wounded leg. Is she willing to give him a chance, or should they keep their relationship professional? If she shares with him what she has, can she fully trust Connor?

Rescuing Lara by Lyn Horner is quite entertaining. I found myself sympathizing with Lara as she wrestles with her growing feelings for Connor. Her vulnerability is evident and sincere. Connor is definitely an alpha male, but has a tender heart. He truly wants to protect Lara, even if it means his own life. The love story between them is touching. I wanted to tell Lara myself it is okay to feel again; there’s nothing to fear. Horner also does an incredible job with the action scenes. I could hear the glass cracking, strange noises outside, and had a front row seat to the fist fights against the bad guys. Connor and Lara’s story is book one of Horner’s Romancing the Guardians. I definitely wouldn’t mind continuing with this series.


4 Stars!
Reviewed for Readers' Favorite
https://readersfavorite.com/book-review/rescuing-lara

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arranged by Trisha Grace

  Arranged : A Clean Billionaire Romance by Trisha Grace From the first chapter, this story engrossed me. I love Hayley and her spirit. She realizes her "dream" husband is just a dream, but due to unforeseen circumstances, she must press into her faith to take care of a man that doesn't want her around. Julian doesn't see Hayley as his wife, but her kindness towards him has him questioning her intentions. I love Trisha's depiction of both faith and love in this story. Hayley and Julian are both relatable, but Hayley is definitely my favorite in this story. I love her strength, her faith in God, and how she depends on Him to help with her rocky marriage. I look forward to reading more by Trisha Grace. Beautiful story, with even more twists and turns to keep us readers guessing.

Beta Reading; What's been working for me

If you've been looking for beta readers I do recommend www.critiquematch.com , www.cpmatchmaking.wordpress.com , and the latest www.betareader.io . With Critique Match and Betareader.io, you will have to upload your manuscript, whether its pages or the full document. I do advise reviewing the tutorials, and anything else can be asked in the help desks. I will say what's been working for me, is offering to be a beta reader. Of course, I don't offer in the hopes of "what can you do for me?" If a story sparks my interest and I have the time, I don't mind helping a fellow author in my genre. I know I can't read everyone's work, but I aim to sharpen my skills when it comes to plot development, character arcs, narratives, etc. Doing this, however, I have found authors are more open to reading my work since I took the time to read theirs. Again, I'm happy to help because I love reading and writing, but this has definitely been an asset to my works in pr

Writer Tip: Are you showing or telling?

We've all heard as writers "show and don't tell," while others have heard "show and tell." Which one do you choose? I have found it's best to find a balance. If your details are not moving the story, then of course tell your readers, "Mya went to work." On the other hand, if she gets into an accident on the way or she meets her hero (love interest) because he's her new boss, then show it. Ex: "Mya gripped the steering wheel. Her radio clashed with traffic noises outside, but she sung along to the tunes anyway. She could use another cup of coffee, but stopping on the way--out of the question. Five will be here soon and I can go home. If only she could keep her eyes from drooping, but her boss's thick eyebrows would raise if she trotted inside the office late. Then the purr of her motor came to an end as she cut the engine, finally parking in her spot. Then she saw... Greg? " This is a rough version, but get you the point,